Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 7: Let the Packing Begin

I would be so much happier if I didn’t have to pack all this crap. We have far too much stuff and the thought of having to pack it all into boxes makes me strongly consider just leaving it all here and buying new. Sadly I can’t afford to do that.

Today I finally decided to move the boxes I’ve been hauling around in the back of my car into the house. In a fit frenzy I started assembling boxes in the middle of the living room floor. Seated there with 6 boxes surrounding me I suddenly felt overwhelmed by it all. Where to start? What do I not need right now? What if I pack it then need it? What if I move it to the other house then start frantically searching for it at 4 am when I suddenly realize I need it. That’s how my brain works.

I decided to start with the CD’s and DVD’s. Since I haven’t listened to a CD in at least a year and since the DVD player isn’t even plugged in I probably don’t need those things. Now just wait. I will get the need to listen to John Meloncamp now that the box is taped shut…i bet on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment