Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 10: Bathroom and Flooring Update

Ryan’s been sick and I have been working on packing up some of our stuff at the house we are living in now so we haven’t been doing much at the house.

BATHROOM

Looks like we are going to compromise and go with a shower/tub unit that is all one piece. His mom looked at the reviews on the tubs with separate surrounds and they are all horrible. In a perfect world we would have liked to have tub and then a shower unit that was by itself but this will be the best choice for the space in their opinion. They are paying so I can’t really complain.

The flooring will be tile. Apparently my Mother-In-Law has 8 boxes of tile left over from when they did their kitchen floor so we are just going to use that. I’m pretty sure it’s an off white or a tan, though I can’t really remember off the top of my head.

We’ve settled on a color pallet for the bathroom. (pic)BATH PAINT The top 1/3 of the wall will be caramel and the bottom 2/3 will be raffia. In the middle separating the two tans will be 2 inch stripe of a red/burgundy color known as crimson. The crimson and possibly  darker brown will be the accent colors for the textiles used in the room…though I’m still likely to change my mind a couple of dozen times before the paint actually gets bought.

PEEL AND STICK TILE IS DONE!!!

In case you didn’t already know this MY MOTHER-IN-LAW is amazing! In one day she managed to get the remainder of that horrible peel and stick tile up off the floor. Today she has blisters on her fingers and a big stone bruise on the palm of her hand. But to quote her, “ That’s the price you pay for redoing and old house…I love it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment